Monday, May 10, 2010

Ok, so I didnt quite get elected!!

I got 1.2% in the election but I am not downhearted (in spite of loosing my deposit).  It was a positive experience for me with lots of positive feedback and good networking/ connections.  Now its back to local campaigning - the Essex shoreline management plan is up for consultation - sounds innocuous enough doesn't it?  It proposes abandoning Jaywick and Seawick to the sea (anytime) in the next 30 years. I suggested to the environment agency representative that they might make an effort to talk to the people at threat about it. Their answer was that they had consulted with the 'stakeholders'!! Not good enough!!, lots of work to do here.

1 comment:

  1. Well done anyway. You probably raised your profile in the area and showed that there are more greenies in the area than was generally believed. At least the Green Party now has a seat in Parliament with Caroline Lucas. If (and it's a big if) the electoral system is changed then maybe the Green Party will get more seats in future elections.

    ReplyDelete