The Moral vacuum that is Capitalist consumerism.
The messages of our culture:
All that matters is the profit margin
- · Growth in GDP is the main objective
- · Large business only responsibility is to make a profit for their shareholders
- · Paying as little tax as possible is ok
- · Success in life is making loads of money
What we don’t often hear:
- · Employers have a responsibility to their employers
- · Everyone deserves a wage enough to live on
- · I don’t need so much income to be happy
- · What can I do to improve my local community and environment
- · I know my neighbours and help them out when they need it
How can we change this?